The impetus was to form some concrete truncated pyramids to locate beams for a platform. This required a drill and knowing I had a drill stand somewhere led me to salvage what I could from the dying bender. Given the purchase of a 1.2Kw inverter and a 750W drill recovered from the wagon, I was on my way.
- After I dragged the wooden workbench from the dying bender and got the woodwork vice working, turned to lighting a fire to unseize the rust off a grain mill and G-clamp. Using a gas blowtorch I similarly unseized the the parts of the drill stand.
- Once the above were moving I dug out my 4.5 inch 750W angle grinder, which still works fine and proceeded to de-rust and clean the grain mill, G-clamp and drill stand to a working state.
- Once having the drill and stand up and running I turned to recover other rusting tools. With a fair sun I used the angle grinder, with a mix of grinding disk, sanding disk and wire brush to clean axe heads, adze, and similar hand blades.
In the process of cleaning to see if it is usable.
Have three seized bearings, allk dif sizes, one has paper package with labelling:
0760245 000 0000
D931814 Q 1
The 9 could be an 8