So after getting the virtual host working I will be using LetsEncrypt to install SSL certificates.
sudo apt-get install python-certbot-apache
sudo certbot --apache
- I then had to enable HTTPS in the Fritz!Box > Internet >Permit Access > Edit device ElfApache128 > Permit Access > New Sharing >Port Sharing > HTTPS Server
- Provide email address then Decline further use of email
- Confirm having read
Enter to select all domain names
- Path for certificates /etc/letsencrytp
- I note when going back to check over steps in 3 above the HTTPS option is now green
- I think the Virtual Host options have to be updated.
- Tried https://rogerlovejou.uk but no connection
Whereas the VirtualHosts neede updating my manual attempt failed. I did a few checks and noted some text explaining that the site should be chosen at 6 above, so maybve 'Enter' didn't do the job.
I undid my modifications to the VirtualHost directive and ran 2 above and then selected the domains to encrypt. This time I was asked if i wanted to redirect http to https and have the VirtualHiosts directives updaed. I Choose option 2 (yes) and Wow! all sites are now accessible via https