Surprised to see the yellowLED constant by noon, given that I was up till 4am and the battery wasn’t at 80% at sunset (flashing quickly, twice a second). That leaves 20% of 240Ah to charge i.e. 48Ah plus some ten I must have used gives around 60Ah. With only 3 hours of sun and a max charge of 15A something is amiss, especially as once the absorption voltage is reached, at 80% charge, the charge current drops off ????
Voltage at nominal full charge (yellowLED constant) is 14.13 well above the specified value of 13.8. This higher level cuts across other charge levels so that when supposedly on absorption of 14.4 it read 14.67
Another anomaly is that the load voltage, when charging below float is some 0.1v above the battery. Two such reading from 25th are; 11am 14.53/14.63 and noon 14.74/14.84 and of course both are higher that the specs.
There is the matter of temperature compensation which apparently can adjust the voltage upward when cold but it is difficult to know what the ambient temp is as although the regulator and battery are within two feet of each other the batteries are below a seat in a caravan that has no insulation whilst the regulator is above and can get warm when the stove is one. There is also the query as to how he regulator can measure ambient temp when it gets so warm itself
yLED = 0 indicating battery fully charged at 11:30
gLED flashing at 22:30
**6th Jan 2015**
For the first time, today, I noticed the greenLED flashing twice a second whilst the yellowLED was flashing once a second. and **9th Jan 2015**
**10th Jan 2015** greenLED flashing an hour after sunset still @ 17:40.
I can see neither rhyme nor reason for it flashing.
Must get on the case of this greenLED issue and decide what to do about the two Victron controllers.
**23rd Jan 2015** greenLED has been flashing nearly all day apart from early morning and just as the sun set, although the yellowLED is still flashing. Looks like time to email Victron again and return the original to Wind and Sun.