Connecting the panel to the battery
- Use 20 amp cable (2.5mm) for up to 6m length or 30 amp(4mm) for up to 16 metres.
- To ensure minimal sparking cover panel with blanket when connecting.
- The junction box on the Vikram 100 has two clips, one each to the left and right. Once these are flipped the cover can be removed.
- Pass wires through the grommets. Either one through each of the two located at the bottom of the junction box or both through one if the diameter of the cable permits.
- Crimp or solder 6mm round hole terminals or spade terminals to the ends of the cables once inserted through the grommets. You may like to tie a loop in each cable to ensure it cannot be pulled back through the grommet.
- Connect one wire to battery and then that wire to the panel.
- Then connect the other wire to the battery and then to the terminal. At this point if the panel is well covered from sunlight there is unlikely to be any sparking.
- Ensure a tight connection on the terminals and then tighten the grommet(s) to weather proof
- Once you have replaced the junction box lid uncover the panel and direct towards sun.