Email to Wind and Sun
I have just bought an inverter form Wind and Sun UK, I called them for two reasons
1) to find out what current the inverter takes when it is switched off and
2) to say the manual was disappointing
1) how does switching work as it isn't a power switch that physically breaks and joins the 200A input cables,
i) What is the rating of the dc input cables?
ii) How are the input DC cables connected, I imagine there must be some loss?
iii) Does the power switch, in the off position, just a break in power to a relay, that when on enables the dc circuit to work and connects the DC input.
2) The manual says very little, maybe there is little to say, but it could state
i) the load in the off, as above,
ii) the image in the index is very poor and hardly usable and the one on your website, which isn't mentioned in the manual isn't much better. Could you send me a detailed image or is their one on the website. All I could find is a version of the manual; which I made a screen shot of and enlarged.
A third matter
i) The UK 230v socket is upside down and the mains cable blocks easy access to the power switch.
ii)Your image show it the correct way.
Can I unscrew the body and correct this?
iii) plus the socket isn't screwed in place and moves around a bit
4. Finally I am disappointed it is made in China, prior to purchase I though it would be India like the MPPT 75|15
Cc Wind and Sun