The impetus was to form some concrete truncated pyramids to locate beams for a platform. This required a drill and knowing I had a drill stand somewhere led me to salvage what I could from the dying bender. Given the purchase of a 1.2Kw inverter and a 750W drill recovered from the wagon, I was on my way.
After I dragged the wooden workbench from the dying bender and got the woodwork vice working, turned to lighting a fire to unseize the rust off a grain mill and G-clamp. Using a gas blowtorch I similarly unseized the the parts of the drill stand.
- Once the above were moving I dug out my 4.5 inch 750W angle grinder, which still works fine and proceeded to de-rust and clean the grain mill, G-clamp and drill stand to a working state.
- Once having the drill and stand up and running I turned to recover other rusting tools. With a fair sun I used the angle grinder, with a mix of grinding disk, sanding disk and wire brush to clean axe heads, adze, and similar hand blades.